Originally built on the Abbey’s orchard
Now a luxury self-catering holiday home, 6 Pierrepont Place was built on the site of the mediaeval orchard that used to provide fruit for Bath’s Abbey.
One of the earliest houses of the Georgian period, Abbey Mews is believed to date from the early to mid 1700’s and is a rare example of a perfectly intact Georgian townhouse.
Bath was fast becoming the pleasure resort for the rich and fashionable and by the 1750’s the area around Pierrepont Place was the centre for the Georgian Elite.
At the heart of the early Georgian period
The original Theatre Royal is just 50 yards away and was made world famous by artists including Sarah Siddons.
Similarly North Parade and South Parade, both on the doorstep, were two of the very first showpiece terraces to be built.
Pierrepont Place, which is a quiet cul de sac, is one of the very few streets in the city centre to retain their ancient cobbled stones. It’s entrance is flanked by two enormous Georgian columns.